The Demand Planning team is responsible for generating the statistical demand forecasts that assist in driving inventory purchases for ChemPoint. The Demand Planning Analyst manages and ensures effective participation of the operations teams in the Sales and Operations Planning process. They perform gap and statistical analysis of historical and forecasted demand and prepare forward-looking demand plans at the product line, sku, and sku/location level that is reviewed by all levels of the business.
IN YOUR NEW CAREER YOU WILL
- Manage and Report on Statistical Demand Forecasts.
- Develop, present, and recommend plans, solutions, and strategies associated to effective Sales and Operations Planning (S&OP) process development.
- Collaborate with Product Managers and Sales Managers to develop and generate demand plans and strategies. Includes new product line launch strategies, demand planning, and forecasting strategies.
- Manage the demand and S&OP process meetings and development
- Provide timely, quality information to Management through regular updates.
- Generate product line scorecards that incorporate key levers that drive business performance. Includes forecasted and actual demand units/dollars, inventory/purchase forecasts and service level performance.
- Develop skills to become proficient and SME on Logility planning tool.
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Four-year college degree and/or equivalent work experience.
- Three to Five years working experience in inventory management.
- Experience with an advanced forecasting system (Manugistics, Logility, Rockysoft, Atlas) preferred.
- Demonstrated leadership behavior and strong work ethic.
- Critical thinking and problem solving.