Afton Industrial Gear Oil Additives
Afton Chemical offers a variety of specialized multi-functional additives to assist in the formulation of industrial gear oils. Spanning from economic & mainstream gear oil additives to highly specialized & premium tier gear oil additives, Afton Chemical’s HiTEC® portfolio has an option suited for your particular formulation needs.
Avoid Gear Failure and Protect Your Equipment With Afton's Performance Gear Oil Additives.
Industrial Gear Market Trends
The demand for more efficiency within the industrial market is driving the need for better gear design. Changes in gearboxes have led to tighter requirements on wear, seal compatibility, and filtration. Gearboxes have reduced by approximately 33% over the last forty years, resulting in higher performance requirements from the gear oil specifically in regards to foam and filtration. The desire for longer operating hours, longer maintenance cycles, and shorter downtime has created a need for gear oils that have higher cleanliness, are compatible with seals to prevent leakage, and have a longer lifespan.
What is the Purpose of Gear Oil?
Gearboxes are used in a wide array of applications and markets, and gear oil serves several critical roles to keep gears clean and running at optimum efficiency.
Prevent Rust & Corrosion
Keep Gears Clean
Reduce Noise & Vibration
Industrial Gear Oil Tests & Specifications
Afton Chemical has multifunctional performance additives that meet a wide range of industry and OEM (Original Equipment Manufacturer) specifications. Industry standards continue to grow with an increasing focus on improving performance for bearing wear & micropitting, static seal compatibility, and environmental friendliness. OEMs are developing their own fluid specifications focused on dynamic seal compatibility, coating compatibility and filterability. Some of the key OEMs are Flender, SEW, ZF Industrial, Eickhoff, Moventas, RENK, SKF, Voith, and Sumitomo. Wind turbine gear oils are subjected to extreme operational and environmental conditions and have their own unique specifications and requirements. Contact a technical representative for further information.
Afton HiTEC® Performance Additive Solutions
- Multi-functional, can be up-treated to meet varying application specifications
- Can simplify logistics, handling, and storage through inventory rationalization across multiple formulations
- Exceptional EP protection and durability
- Improved copper protection
- Premium clean-gear oil additive
- Excellent phosphorus retention, ensuring extended wear protection
- Provides excellent wear, corrosion and oxidation protection
- Premium gear oil additive that maximizes flexibility of operations across automotive, automotive limited slip, industrial and commercial gear oil, greases and industrial lubricants
- Soluble in Group I and II base stocks
- Excellent handling and pump-ability
- Designed to meet latest requirements of Flender Rev. 15
- Excellent compatibility with seals, proven through static and dynamic testing
- Clean gear performance under conditions of high temperature and oxidation
- Excellent micro pitting protection
- Excellent Clean-gear performance under conditions of high temperature and oxidation
- Excellent phosphorous retention, extending wear protection
- Extended micro pitting protection, as specified by Flender AG at 60°C and 90°C
- Performance exceeds requirements of AIST 224, AGMA 9005-E02 and DIN 51517, Part 3 and Flender Rev. 15
|Grade||Product Type||Benefits||Typical Treat|
|HiTEC® 350||Mainstream Performance Gear Oil Additive|
1.0 – 7.0 % wt.
|HiTEC® 317||Mainstream Performance Clean Gear Oil Additive|
1.3 – 2.0 % wt.
|HiTEC® 385||Premium Multifunction Gear Oil Additive|
1.5 – 5.0 % wt.
|HiTEC® 352||Premium Tier Clean Gear Oil Additive|
2.0 % wt.
|HiTEC® 307||Premium Synthetic Gear Oil Additive|
2.65 % wt.