A Farm-to-Skin Approach to Skin Calming & Comfort
CB2-Skin™ from Ashland™ is an award-winning patchouli extract designed to activate the body’s cannabinoid receptor 2 (CB2) which is associated with skin homeostasis. This “boho chic” extract is an ideal alternative to controversial cannabis derivatives like CBD oil and hemp oil. CB2-skin™ provides calming, relaxing, and age-defying skin benefits while conveying a strong image of luxury and beauty.
CB2-skin™ is derived from premium patchouli, a perennial herb from the mint family. It’s cultivated at a farm in Northern Cordoba, in a swampy area highly favorable to the growth of premium patchouli. CB2-skin™ is extracted with a specific supercritical CO2 process from dried patchouli leaves. It differs from other patchouli extracts with its high content in phytosterols, fatty acids, and polyphenols.
- Activates and increases CB2 receptor in ex vivo skin
- Boosts skin barrier homeostasis, collagen, and beta-endorphins
- Visibly mitigates skin and scalp irritation and discomfort induced by UV* and endotoxins (LPS)
- Increases skin defenses from UV-damage
- Demonstrates a superior activity compared to hemp oil and to standard patchouli oil
*CB2-skin™ is a product designed to enhance the skin’s natural protection capabilities and is not a sunscreen. The use of sunscreens remains essential to develop effective sun care products.
- Recommended use level: 0.3-1.0% (clinically tested at 1.0%)
- INCI: Octyldodecanol (and ) Pogostemon Cablin Leaf Extract
- Preservative free
- COSMOS validated
- ISO 16128 natural origin 100%
- Listed on China IECIC, IECSC
- Beauty products to calm and relax skin
- Beauty rituals to disconnect from stress
- Age-defying beauty products
- Hair care products to reduce scalp itchiness
- Natural and organic, beauty products
- “Boho chic” color cosmetics
CB2-skin™ is associated with a visible increase in CB2 receptor in ex vivo skin
CB2-skin™ demonstrates a visibly superior soothing benefit compared to hemp oil
CB2-skin™ visibly increased skin beta-endorphin in ex vivo skin
CB2-skin™ boosts skin collagen
CB2-skin™ clinical study
Results showed that the application of a cream containing CB2-skin™ at 1% could visibly reduce the perception of a stinging sensation, improving skin comfort. Other results showed that the application of a cream containing CB2-skin™ at 1% for 28 days could help mitigate skin sensitivity and provide skin with a healthy look and feel.