CHOOSING SPECTRONICS LEAK DETECTION DYES OFFERS THE FOLLOWING SOLUTIONS:
- User Friendly - Just add a small amount of dye to the system and let it circulate. All leaks will glow brightly when scanned with a high-intensity Spectroline® leak detection lamp.
- Versatile - Allows inspection of an entire system under virtually all operating conditions. Pinpoint the exact source of the smallest, most elusive leaks - even multiple and intermittent leaks!
- Cost Effective - Highly concentrated. Contains more active ingredients per dose than competitive dyes.
- Efficient - Find all leaks, the first time, every time. Thus, decreasing equipment downtime and increasing machinery efficiency.
- Special Formulations - Available in several distinct colours to distinguish between different leaking fluid systems.
- Several Sizes - Choose from pint (473 ml) or 3.8 litre gallons as well as gallon (18.9 L) containers. Other sizes also available.
- NSF Certified - OIL-GLO® and WATER-GLO® fluorescent dyes are registered to meet food-grade processing requirements. OIL-GLO® dyes meet category codes HTX-2 and HX-2. WATER-GLO® dyes meet category codes G7, GX and HTX-2.
HOW IT WORKS
A small amount of liquid fluorescent dye is added to a circulating fluid system that is being inspected for leaks. The system is then run for a short time to allow the dye to mix and circulate with the host fluid.
The dye/fluid mixture escapes with the host fluid wherever there is a leak and glows a bright yellow/green when inspected with a high-intensity ultraviolet of UV/blue light lamp. This method is extremely effective in locating even the smallest, most elusive leaks, as well as multiple leaks.
Spectronics Corporation is the world's leading manufacturer of ultraviolet equipment and fluorescent materials. These state-of-the-art products are built to exacting engineering standards and are utilized for literally hundreds of markets and applications that demand uncompromising quality and reliability. SPECTROLINE® UV lamps and radiometers are widely used to verify the structural integrity of military and commercial aircraft. SPECTROLINE® fluorescent dyes are used to check for fluid leaks in power plants, nuclear reactors, oil pipelines and industrial facilities worldwide, and were even used on the U.S. Space Shuttle. A Nobel Prize-winning scientist used SPECTROLINE® UV crosslinkers and transilluminators to do groundbreaking electrophoresis research that will benefit mankind as part of the Human Genome Project.
ChemPoint is the leader in the marketing, sales, and distribution of specialty and fine chemicals across North America and EMEA. We specialize in agile technologies and focused product teams, providing our customers with responsive, personalized service.