Used in nondestructive leak and thermal shock testing for military electronics according to mil spec 883
A colorless, thermally stable, fully fluorinated liquid. It's wide liquid range (-57°C to 165°C) make it ideal for a wide variety of applications. The FC-40 liquid is primarily a single compound, so its composition will not shift or fractionate over time. This results in less fluid loss and insures that transport properties do not change with time.
End Markets: Electronics; Facility Infrastructure
Ideal for a variety of single phase heat transfer applications in the semiconductor manufacturing industry such as etchers, ion implanters and testers.
Related Applications: Heat Exchangers; Heat Transfer Skids; Immersion Cooling
• Compatible with most metals, plastics and elastomers.
• Narrow boiling range
• Wide liquid range
• Appearance: Clear, colorless
• Average Molecular Weight: 650
• Boiling Point (1 atm): 165°C
• Pour Point: -57°C
• Latent Heat of Vaporization (at normal boiling point): 69 J/g
• Liquid Density: 1855 kg/m3
• Kinematic Viscosity: 2.2 centistokes
• Absolute Viscosity: 4.1 centipoise
• Liquid Specific Heat: 1100 J kg-1 °C-1
• Liquid Thermal Conductivity : 0.062 W m-1 °C-1
• Coefficient of Expansion: 0.0012 °C-1
• Water Solubility: <7 ppmw
• Solubility in Water: <5 ppmw
• Ozone Depletion Potential: 0
• Dielectric Strength: 46 kV, 0.1" gap
• Dielectric Constant: 1.9
Primary Chemistry: PERFLUORO COMPOUNDS
Functions: Heat Transfer Fluid
Designed for long-lasting high performance in heat transfer applications in wafer-fab equipment and for direct contact cooling with military grade electronics.