NLGI Grade 3-4, translucent white lubricant compound primarily used as a general purpose o-ring and valve lubricant.
Lubricant compound that is well suited for many applications. It meets several global standards for water contact, and is not greatly affected by many oils, some acids, some alkalines, and most aqueous solutions.
End Markets: Consumer Products; Electronics; Food & Beverage; Oil & Gas; Pulp & Paper
- Lubrication for control and pressure plug valves, water softener and faucet valves
- Sealant for vacuum and pressure systems, outdoor equipment and shipboard
- Chemical barrier coating
- Compatible with many plastics and elastomers used to make rubber and plastic O-rings, gaskets and seals.
- Damping medium for dash pots
Related Applications: Electrical ; Valves, Packings, Seals & O-Rings
- Resistance to most chemicals
- Wide service temperature range
- Low vapor pressure
- Low volatility
- Prevents gaskets from sticking to metal
- Resists weathering and water wash out
- Meets NSF 51 & NSF 61; Meets FDA 21 CFR 175.300.
Product Type: Compound
NLGI Grade: 3-4
High Temp: 204°C
Low Temp: -40°C
Color: Translucent White
Seal and lubricate with proven silicone performance. Proven effective over decades of use worldwide, Molykote™ brand silicone compounds are versatile problem-solvers in challenging industrial sealing and lubricating uses.