NLGI Grade 3-4, translucent white lubricant compound primarily used as a general purpose o-ring and valve lubricant.
Lubricant compound that is well suited for many applications. It meets several global standards for water contact, and is not greatly affected by many oils, some acids, some alkalines, and most aqueous solutions.
- Lubrication for control and pressure plug valves, water softener and faucet valves
- Sealant for vacuum and pressure systems, outdoor equipment and shipboard
- Chemical barrier coating
- Compatible with many plastics and elastomers used to make rubber and plastic O-rings, gaskets and seals.
- Damping medium for dash pots
- Resistance to most chemicals
- Wide service temperature range
- Low vapor pressure
- Low volatility
- Prevents gaskets from sticking to metal
- Resists weathering and water wash out
- Meets NSF 51 & NSF 61; Meets FDA 21 CFR 175.300.
Product Type: Compound
NLGI Grade: 3-4
High Temp: 204°C
Low Temp: -40°C
Color: Translucent White
Seal and lubricate with proven silicone performance
Proven effective over decades of use worldwide, Molykote™ brand silicone compounds are versatile problem-solvers in challenging industrial sealing and lubricating uses. The grease like materials with silicone fluids and inert silica fillers provide good resistance to oxidation and thermal degradation while maintaining key properties over a wide temperature range.
Consider using these Smart Lubrication™ solutions for:
• Release agents on plastics and elastomers
• O-ring assembly lubricants
• Dual-purpose lubricants and sealants on valve packings and seats
• Dielectric moisture barriers on electrical equipment
Molykote™ silicone compounds do not conduct electricity and can serve in a dual role as non-curing sealants and lubricants. These products are certified (NSF 61) for use in food and beverage applications, as well as uses involving potable water.