Qualified for food contact (21 CFR 175.300), Food processing equipment (NSF 51), and potable water (NSF 61), Molykote 7 Release Compound can be used as a mold release, general release agent, lubricant, and protectant.
- foundry shell
- core molds
- extruders and processing equipment
- packaging machines
- glue and adhesives
- cable pulling
- Wide temperature range
- Nearly non-volatile
- stays moist and lubricious in service
- Moisture and oxidation resistant
Product Type: Compound
NLGI Grade: 1
High Temp: 204°C
Low Temp: -40°C
Color: Translucent White
Seal and lubricate with proven silicone performance
Proven effective over decades of use worldwide, Molykote™ brand silicone compounds are versatile problem-solvers in challenging industrial sealing and lubricating uses. The grease like materials with silicone fluids and inert silica fillers provide good resistance to oxidation and thermal degradation while maintaining key properties over a wide temperature range.
Consider using these Smart Lubrication™ solutions for:
• Release agents on plastics and elastomers
• O-ring assembly lubricants
• Dual-purpose lubricants and sealants on valve packings and seats
• Dielectric moisture barriers on electrical equipment
Molykote™ silicone compounds do not conduct electricity and can serve in a dual role as non-curing sealants and lubricants. These products are certified (NSF 61) for use in food and beverage applications, as well as uses involving potable water.