Ideal for defluxing and degreasing tasks and is intended to replace ozone-depleting
materials in many applications as well as certain aqueous cleaning processes and solvent coating applications.
A medium-duty cleaning and degreasing fluid which balances aggressive cleaning strength with plastic compatibility. Useful for vapor deposition of lubricants onto multiple component surfaces. Intended to replace ozone-depleting substances (ODSs) and compounds with high global warming potential (GWP). Is a hydrofluoroether, Methyl Nonafluorobutyl Ether, in an azeotrope formulation with trans-1,2-dichloroethylene and ethanol.
Cleaning, rinsing and drying agent; coating solvent
- Cleaning of oils, greases, waxes, handling oils and solder flux residue
- Precision coating of silicones and other lubricants
• Boiling Point : 40°C
• Freeze Point: -29°C
• Liquid Density (g/ml): 1.33
• Surface Tension (dynes/cm): 16.4
• Vapor Pressure (mmHg): 381
• Viscosity (cps): 0.45
• Ozone Depletion Potential - ODP: 0
• Global Warming Potential: 170
• Flash Point: None
Primary Chemistry: Methyl Nonafluorobutyl Ether
The 3M Novec™ series includes a world class range of products that do not compromise performance, safety or sustainability. 3M Novec™ products are explicitly designed with that balance in mind by experts who know the performance you need.