Also known as KPMS or potassium peroxymonosulfate, Oxone™ is a white granular product that provides non-chlorinated oxidation in a wide variety of applications. It's safe to use in a production facility, in the environment, and even as a key ingredient in your denture cleaner!
Most notably, the active ingredient allows for efficient non-chlorinated oxidation as a pool shock, allowing less use of sanitizer and leaves the pool clean, clear, and swimmable nearly immediately. The powerful oxidation as a microetchant in printed circuit boards improves process control in multi-step copper etching with a predictable rate to completion. KPMS is of particular interest in metal plating and mining as it safely, economically, and conveniently oxidizes cyanide in waste streams. These key benefits of rapid rate of reaction as well as non-chlorinated oxidation has allowed repulping papers with wet strength resins to move their processes to greener methods without sacrificing production time.
Need strong oxidation? Oxone™ made by Lanxess provides a green method for industrial and consumer oxidation needs.
- Pool & Spa shock treatment
- Printed circuit board microetchant
- Repulping aid for wet-strength resin destruction
- Odor control agent in wastewater treatment
- Cyanide destruction in mining
- Bleach functionality for denture cleanser, textiles, and cleaning applications
- Active ingredient for disinfection applications
- Non-chlorinated oxidation, allowing the use of less sanitizer over time and leaves the pool clean, clear, and swimmable after only 15 minutes
- Chlorine-free oxidation that completely defiberizes during repulping in less than 45 minutes, offering a green method without sacrificing production time in paper mills
- Improves process control in copper etching with predictable completion rates in manufacturing printed circuit boards
- Safely, economically, and conveniently removes heavy metals from waste streams
Triple Salt Molecular Weight: 614.7
Active Oxygen Min: 4.5%
Active Oxygen Typical Analysis: 4.7%
Active Oxygen Theoretical: 5.2%
Active Component: KHSO5
KHSO5 Min: 42.8%
KHSO5 Typical: 44.7
pH, at 25 deg C of 1% Solution: 2.3
pH, at 25 deg C of 3% Solution: 2.0
Oxone™ is readily soluble in water. At 20 deg C, the solubility in water is greater than 250 g/L. At concentrations above saturation, potassium sulfate will precipitate but additional potassium peroxymonosulfate will remain in solution.
If strong oxidiation is needed, Oxone™ monopersulfate is the right choice for a wide variety of industrial and consumer application. It is a peroxygen chemistry with a 4.7% active oxygen content that is a powerful oxidant (1.85V) without the presence of chlorine. It is soluble in water and is fast dissolving.