Chemours™ Glycolic Acid
U.S. Based Operations
The full range of glycolic acid products from Chemours™ is completely manufactured in the United States.
Chemours™ production is not dependent upon Chinese-sourced materials in any way.
Chemours™ production of glycolic acid products is flexible and has sufficient capacity to meet full market demands.
Competitive glycolic acid is made by multiple, and generally very small, companies with limited resources and experience. Most competitive technical grade glycolic acid, particularly that manufactured in China, is made from monochloroacetic acid (MCA).
The primary market for MCA is agricultural chemicals. In times of tight supply, MCA producers will likely supply their customers that give them the most volume—agricultural chemical producers—thus making the supply chain even more volatile.
Chemours™ has a proven track record on meeting and exceeding customer needs for product supply for over 80 years.
MCA route manufacturers use a batch process and have very limited personnel and analytical capability, making it difficult to ensure product quality and consistency. Although the initial load or two may be acceptable, there is so much variability as to almost guarantee that product consistency will not be maintained over time.
Competitive producers also have hundreds of diverse MCA suppliers, whose product quality varies greatly—also directly impacting the glycolic acid quality.
Chemours™ operates a continuous process 24/7, producing consistent product day after day.
Why Glycolic Acid from Chemours™?
- No chloroacetic acid - chloride free
- Safe & easy to handle
- Over 300 times less corrosive to aluminum
- Over 14 times less corrosive to copper and almost 30 times less corrosive to stainless steel
- 16.8% less corrosive to carbon steel
- Broad industry perspective
- Specialized market knowledge
- Made in USA
- Independent from Chinese tariffs
- Independent from Indian duties
- Short lead time through multiple stocking locations
- Stable pricing and availability
Supply Chain Sustainability
- Metal Finishing
- Household, industrial & institutional
- Oil & gas
- Building & construction
- Supplier partner Chemours™
- Formulation assistance
- ChemPoint in-house technical assistance
- Expertise in wide range of applications and uses
Robust R&D Support
- Does not fume like other acids
- Dissolves carbonate, oxide, and most casein scales readily resulting in water soluble salts that allow for good rinsing properties
- Readily biodegradable
- Non-toxic & non-fuming
- Negligible volatility (low VOC)
Safe and Effective