There are many available sources of free chlorine, including chlorine gas, sodium hypochlorite, calcium hypochlorite, and chlorinated isocyanurates (ACL®). They all liberate different concentrations of free chlorine when dissolved in water, which offers excellent sanitization and oxidation properties.
What is ACL®?
ACL® is a trade-name for a family of chlorinated isocyanurates from Oxychem. They are supplied in dry form, highly concentrated chlorine liberating solids that have been used in potable water and pool treatments for decades. Oxychem is the world's largest producer of chlorinated isocyanurates. ACL® products are EPA approved for routine use in potable water as drinking water additives under NSF/ANSI standard 60.
Why ACL® for Water Treatment Applications?
- Supplied in dry and high concentrated form
- Easily and completely dissolves in water
- Does not cloud the water or leave any scaling or sludge
- Rapid release of chlorine even at low temperatures
- Easy to use, safe to store and handle
- Manufactured in ISO 9001:2008 certified plants at Sauget, IL, and Luling, LA
- Approved for routine use in potable water by the US EPA
- Certified under NSF/ANSI Standard 60 for use as drinking water additives