Benefits of Krytox™ TS4:
Krytox™ TS4 Thread Sealant
Traditionally, PTFE tape is used to seal threaded piping on valves, actuators, miscellaneous pipe fittings and fasteners.
Krytox™ TS4 PFPE sealant is a paste developed for superior sealing characteristics over what tapes provide. Krytox™ TS4 PFPE sealant can be used in a wide variety of process fluids including water, air, steam, hydrocarbons, acids, bases, chlorine and most reactive gases and liquids.
Krytox™ TS4 allows for low breakaway torque for easy-to-break connections, preventing galling, seizure and thread damage. It is easy to apply via a specially designed applicator, reducing work time, injuries to fingers and damage to process equipment due to loose pieces of tape. Krytox™ TS4 can be reapplied without a need to clean up old sealant.
- Perfect for threaded connections for valves, actuators, pipe fittings and fasteners
- Safe - Chemically inert, non-flammable grease that won't react with metals, seals or the process environment
- Insoluble in nearly all gases and solvents; Krytox™ TS4 won't be stripped away during processing
- Adheres to threads and will not shred or tear on assembly or dis-assembly
- No VOC content or hydrocarbons
- Operating temperature range of -54 to 149 ºC (-65 to 300 ºF)
- Approved to use by The Chlorine Institute (Pamphlet 164)
- Tested leak free under helium at 400 psi for 7 days
Learn More About The Benefits Of Thread Sealant