The Solution You Need To Build Better Resins
Eastman Resin Intermediates are the building blocks to make polyester resins even better. They provide different formulation options to reduce VOC requirements without sacrificing chemical resistance and flexibility. The coil coating and prepainted metal industry is growing and formulators are introducing new products to the market daily. ChemPoint can provide the solutions you need to build better resins for your metal coating applications.
- Eastman's resin intermediates can be used to form high solid polyester resins for general metal coatings used in applications like metal roofing.
- Eastman NPG Glycol as well as specialty intermediates like CHDA, TMPD and CHDM that offer the performance requirements needed to meet the stringent demands for today’s coatings applications.
- Eastman offers an easy to use web-based resin calculation tool to get you started with all your formulation needs.
- Coil coatings can be used in many appliances such as refrigerators, freezers, washers, and driers.
- Proven results from CHDM and CHDA to improve flexibility while maintaining stain resistance, low color, and good humidity resistance.
- The stain/detergent/salt spray resistance benefits are especially useful in applicance-grade coil coatings.
- Eastman's CHDA and CHDM have an excellent balance of flexibility and hardness, without impacting chemical resistance.
- In general, CHDA containing polyesters are more resistant to hydrolysis compared to adipic acid containing polymers.
- CHDA and CHDM may lawfully be used for the manufacture of polyester resins to be used in food contact coatings as described in 21 CFR 175.300.
|Low solution viscosity||•||•||•|
Eastman is a global specialty chemical company that produces a broad range of advanced materials, additives and functional products, specialty chemicals, and fibers that are found in products used every day. It provides key differentiated coatings, adhesives and specialty plastics products, and is a major supplier of cellulose acetate fibers. Headquartered in Kingsport, Tennessee, USA, the company serves customers in approximately 100 countries and employs approximately 13,500 people around the world.
ChemPoint is the leader in the marketing, sales, and distribution of specialty and fine chemicals across North America and EMEA. We specialize in agile technologies and focused product teams, providing our customers with responsive, personalized service.