DOW offers a full range of DOWCAL™ heat transfer fluids – including both ethylene glycol and propylene glycol based fluids – to meet your specific system requirements. When you choose a DOWCAL™ fluid, you can be confident it will provide long-lasting protection and performance without jeopardizing the integrity of the equipment in which it is used. DOWCAL™ fluid are used successfully in a wide range of applications, from renewable energy, HVCA systems, chemical manufacturing, pharmaceuticals and food processing. Your choice/selection of fluid will depend both on where it will be used and your operating temperature requirements.
DOWCAL™ 100E and DOWCAL™ 200E are designed to work at operating temperature ranges of -50°C to 175°C. DOWCAL™ N has a recommended range from -50°C to 120°C. Efficiency and operating conditions can differ within those temperature ranges.
DOWCAL™ FLUID BENEFITS:
- Corrosion Protection: Carefully formulated with corrosion inhibitors to provide protection to the metallic parts (aluminium, copper, alloys, ferrous and other metals) of process equipment.
- Fluid Compatibility: DOWCAL™ fluids will not affect most plastics and metals, minimizing the potential for system failure and leakage due to ruptured damage components.
- Long lasting Performance: Can be operated for many years in properly maintained systems. Their special corrosion inhibitor package supports higher temperature operation compared to alternative technologies.
- Sustainable: DOWCAL™ fluids are nitrite, borax and CMR (carcinogenic, mutagenic and reprotoxic) free.
- Flexibility: DOWCAL™ fluids can be diluted up to 20% and custom blends are available from ChemPoint in various packaging (bulk, 200kg drums, 1000kg IBCs and 25kg pails)
- Expert Technical Support: As a DOW/ChemPoint heat transfer fluid customer, you have direct access to our industry leading experts and engineers. We will help you select the exact fluid you require and work with you to optimise your system.
DOWCAL™ 100E and DOWCAL™ 200E Heat Transfer Fluids are free of Substance of Very High Concern (SVHC) according to REACH Regulation (EC) No 1907/2006. Both new heat transfer fluid formulations offer reliable, economical and sustainable solutions for long-term performance protection heat transfer fluids system. CMR (cancerogenic, mutagenic, and reprotoxic) materials and components such as borate, nitrite, nitrate are not used in the DOWCAL 100E and DOWCAL 200E Fluids.
For additional information, please contact ChemPoint.
The Dairy Food Group
"Eurodesserts, located in Belgium and belonging to The Dairy Food Group, have been using Dowcal N in its UHT installations for 10 years. We prepare our delicious desserts with great care. Quality is essential for us and for our customers. Cooling is an important link in this. By using Dowcal N we can guarantee this. The heat transfer is excellent, the corrosion inhibitors ensure that our installation continues to work fine."
Peter De Meulenaere