Antioxidant Solutions for Polyurethanes (PUR) & Polyols
SI Group's comprehensive portfolio of primary and secondary antioxidants for Polyurethanes (PUR) and Polyols provide excellent protection from oxidation, discoloration, degradation, and scorch.
The SI Group is a world leader in antioxidant and stabilizer solutions that solve Polyurethane (PUR) processing issues while meeting strict regulatory standards. Their diverse range of solutions also support:
- Dosing requirements for liquid or solid antioxidants
- A controlled output of emissions
- Better processing stability with less waste
- Scorch and ultraviolet protection for delicate Polyurethane foam systems
THE POLYURETHANE MARKET
Polyurethanes (PUR) are one of the most adaptable polymers available today and can be utilized in various applications and end-markets. Polyurethanes (PUR) not only contribute towards consumer safety and comfort, but they can also potentially reduce energy output costs.
SI GROUP STABILIZERS
The SI Group's portfolio of antioxidants and stabilizer additives provide excellent performance protection against ongoing thermal exposure and ultraviolet light which can inevitably degrade the Polyurethane over its lifetime. This stabilizer portfolio for Polyurethanes (PUR) and Polyol industry includes:
- Antioxidants that are Phenolic and Amine-based
- Outstanding execution in reduced emission solutions
- Liquid phosphites with Zero-Phenol
- Stabilizers for UV Light exposure
- Completely BHT-Free
WHAT IS SCORCH? AND HOW DO YOU PREVENT SCORCH?
Through the polymerization process, scorch from exothermic reactions can potentially cause discoloration and physical damage to the center of the polyurethane foams.
- Temperatures of 160°C and more cause exothermic reactions in polyurethane foam systems
- Extreme instances may lead to self-ignition of the polyurethane foam
Polyurethane foam scorch can be controlled by the addition of SI Group's antioxidant additives.
POLYOLS AND POLYURETHANE FOAM STABILIZATION
By integrating SI Group's antioxidants into polyether polyols and polyurethane foam systems, you can support stability even at room temperature and ultimately protect against degradation, peroxide formation, and scorch.
Dosage Recommendations for Polyether Polyols
approximately 200 to 500 pphp
approximately 500 to 1000 pphp
approximately 500 to 1000 pphp
Slabstock Polyol Applications
need up to 2500 to 5000 pphp
POLYURETHANE ANTIOXIDANT SOLUTIONS FOR SCORCH AND UV PROTECTION
SI Group PUR stabilizers support a myriad of polyurethane applications with opportunities to reduce overall waste and cost through less scorch-related scrap.
- ANOX™ 1315
- Ultra-Low emissive and best in class liquid Phenolic Antioxidant
- ANOX™ PP 18
- Solid Phenolic Primary Antioxidant for Polyurethane Formulations
- ANOX™ 20
- Solid Phenolic Antioxidants
- NAUGARD™ FOAMPLUS LE5
- Ultra-low emissive for automotive Slabstock Polyols
- LOWINOX™ 1790
- High-Performance solid for spandex applications
- LOWILITE™ UV B1260
- Efficient liquid UV Stabilizer Blend for Polyurethanes
- NAUGARD™ PS 48
- Liquid standard Phenolic Antioxidant that offers excellent compatibility
- NAUGARD™ 445
- Solid Amine Antioxidant Scorch Synergist
- NAUGARD™ PS 30
- Liquid Amine Antioxidant Scorch Synergist
- NAUGARD™ PS 4830
- Liquid blend as standard Polyol Stabilizer
- NAUGARD™ PS 3015
- Liquid blend as low fog standard Polyol Stabilizer
- WESTON™ TDP ZP
- Zero Phenol Phosphite for Polyester Foams
- WESTON™ 705
- Zero Nonylphenol Phosphite as an alternative to TNPP