A clear, colorless, low-odor fluid intended to replace 1,1,1-trichloroethane and perchloroethylene in film cleaning applications.
Specifically used to replace PERC in automated film cleaning machines in the restoration of movie and TV footage.
End Markets: Electronics
-Used for automated film cleaning machines in the restoration of movie and TV footage.
Related Applications: Immersion Cleaning
• Zero ozone depletion potential
• Low global warming potential (GWP)
• Is not a volatile organic compound (VOC)
• Is listed as a Clean Air Solvent by California’s South Coast Air Quality Management District (SCAQMD)
• Molecular Weight: 264
• Boiling Point: 76°C
• Freeze Point: -138°C
• Liquid Density (g/ml): 1.43
• Surface Tension (dynes/cm): 13.6
• Solubility of Solvent in Water, ppmw: <20
• Vapor Pressure (mmHg): 109
• Viscosity (cps): 0.61
• Heat of Vaporization (cal/g @ boiling point): 30
• Ozone Depletion Potential: 0.00
• Global Warming Potential: 55
• Atmospheric Lifetime (years): 0.8
• Flash Point: None
Primary Chemistry: ETHYL NONAFLUOROBUTYL ETHER
The 3M Novec™ series includes a world class range of products that do not compromise performance, safety or sustainability. 3M Novec™ products are explicitly designed with that balance in mind by experts who know the performance you need.